Lynnda’s interests include traveling to visit her son Chase and his family, who currently live in Tucson, Arizona. She has attended the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Barcelona (2004), Melbourne (2009), and Salt Lake City (2015). She sings with the Heritage Ensemble choral group and the church choir.
- Master of Divinity, Meadville Lombard Theological School, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Illinois College, 1984
- Member of Central Illinois Interfaith Alliance
- Member of NAACP
Rev. Lynnda White
In the mid-1990s, while looking for a church home, Lynnda White discovered that the UU Church of Peoria was a place where she felt respected as a woman and accepted for her religious and social beliefs. She joined our church in 1995. Fifteen years later, she set out on the journey to become a minister. She was ordained in our congregation in November 2014 and began serving as our assistant minister in April 2017. Lynnda’s assignment is part time, but in her view, “There is no such thing as part-time ministry.” She shares ministerial duties with Rev. Michael Brown, gives the Sunday sermon once a month, and is involved in many aspects of church life.
Before attending seminary, Lynnda worked in a variety of capacities at Caterpillar Inc. over her thirty-five years with the company. She was hired into the bargaining unit doing factory work and then went into management, working in a variety of capacities from human resources to project management. Lynnda feels that her many experiences in the business world are helpful in dealing with administrative aspects of ministry.
Awards and Achievements
- President of Meadville Lombard Alumni/ae Association (2017–18 and 2018–19)
- Member of Meadville Lombard Board of Trustees (2017–18 and 2018–19)
- Outstanding Service Award, Peoria UU Church (2006)
- President of Peoria UU Board of Trustees (2002–2006)
- Founder and President of Caterpillar Engine Division Diversity Council
- First President of Heritage Ensemble Chorus
- NAACP Board Member